Thursday 28 January 2016

Almond Chai Latte

I love tea, and recently I've been loving this chai tea from T2 Tea, it is so aromatic, sweet but not sickly, and so warming. I love coffee shop chai lattes, but they are so full of sugar and other additives that I've been looking for a way to make my own more natural version, which is how I came up with this, and I am completely obsessed with it. It isn't really a recipe, but it is so delicious I wanted to share it. In order to make it, brew 1 tsp of chai tea in hot water (I use this tea diffuser), filling the mug about a third of the way up. Whilst this is brewing (I let in brew for about 5 minutes so it's a little stronger than recommended as it gets diluted by the milk) heat the almond milk in the microwave or on the hob, along with 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp of honey (agave nectar would work as a vegan substitute). When the milk is hot, froth it up so there is a thick foam on the top, remove the diffuser from the tea, and top the tea with the frothy almond milk. Give the mug a good tap down to mix the tea with the milk, then sprinkle with cinnamon and find a quiet place to curl up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment